International Certificate of Competency 24m,80gt Sail & Power
Courses starting 26 October 2017
IYT Worldwide has approval from the M.C.A. (Maritime and Coastguard Agency of Great Britain) to issue ICCs to United Kingdom passport holders and various other countries on their approved list.
The ICC is a product of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Resolution 40. The ICC provides documentary assurance from one Government to another that the holder meets the levels of competence laid down in Resolution 40.
The Endorsements may be:
- Sail – 24m & Power 10m
Sail vessel up to 24 meters (must include Power 10m for operating tender to and from shore)
- Power -24m
for any power driven vessel up to 24 meters.
- Power -10m
for any power driven vessel up to 10 meters.
Uppon request, the certificates may be translated officialy in Greek.
The applicant must:
– be 16 years of age or older
– be physically and mentally fit to operate a pleasure craft, and in particular, must have sufficient powers of vision and hearing
– have successfully passed a written and practical examination or prove the necessary competence for pleasure craft operation by holding an acceptable IYT Worldwide certificate
IYT Worldwide certificates of competency are recognised for obtaining an ICC without the need for an examination.
For crossover and recognision of your certificate, please contact us.
- Command of a vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft /24 metres
- In coastal waters up to 20 miles offshore
- In daylight hours and in fair conditions with moderate wind and sea conditions
- This certificate is the level of competence that one needs when chartering a boat in the Mediterranean or West Indies where there are restrictions in terms of cruising area and distance from the base and the vessel has to be safely moored in a marina or anchored before dark.